Understand how to use lighting in your videos to make them more professional.
In this blog series, we’ve been talking about different aspects of video production. Today, we’re going to talk about lighting.
With cell phones everywhere, video on the web has exploded. One of the questions I get asked from time to time is if I can shoot it with a cell phone, why do I need to invest in professional video? Well, the answer’s in the question because sometimes you want your video to look professional.
Branding videos, product videos, even internal communication video within your company. You want your video to have a polished look and feel. One of the elements that make a video stand out is good lighting. Good lighting is key. Much like professional photography, good lighting makes all the difference in professional video.
Lighting is one of the most important aspects of video production. It can make or break a video, and it can be the difference between a professional-looking video and an amateur one.
There are a few basic principles of lighting that you should understand if you want to improve the look of your videos.
- Use three-point lighting: Three-point lighting is a basic lighting setup that consists of a key light, a fill light, and a back light.
- Use natural light: Natural light is the best type of light for video. It is soft and flattering, and it can help to create a more natural look.
- Use artificial light: If you are shooting indoors or at night, you will need to use artificial light.
- Adjust the brightness and contrast: Once you have set up your lights, you will need to adjust the brightness and contrast to get the best possible look.
- Use a diffuser: A diffuser is a piece of material that is used to soften the light. This can help to reduce shadows and create a more flattering look.
- Use a reflector: A reflector is a piece of material that is used to reflect light. This can be used to fill in shadows or to create a more dramatic look.
Don’t want to do the heavy lifting? You can improve the look of your videos and make them more professional with just one call!
From capturing testimonials to green screen, to knowing how to capture great video outside, Robertson Professional Media knows lighting.
Make your next video project shine. Contact Robertson Professional Media today.